We are looking to recruit a qualified Lawyer with litigation experience to join our office at Nicosia. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse team of experienced lawyers, which offers exposure to complex and multi-jurisdictional matters.
Candidates must submit their applications by COB February24, 2023.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will work on a full-time basis as part of a team of lawyers handling matters within the area of expertise of the relevant department in which you will be placed. You will report to a Senior Associate or to a Partner of the relevant department.
- You will offer the whole scope of legal services to our clients.
- You will be involved with our practices and advise our international and Cyprus clients on EU and Cyprus law matters.
- You will draft legal advice and pleadings and you will also draft, review and negotiate transactional documentation, corporate and commercial agreements/documents and other contractual documentation for our clients.
- You will be undertaking legal research.
- You will be representing clients before Courts and other public authorities and attending meetings with clients.
- You will be assisting on the efficient management of workflow of the team.
- You will develop skills as an attorney and as a strategic business advisor.
You will need the following:
- Law Degree from a reputable law school in the EU.
- [Master’s degree in law from a top tier UK or Greek University].
- Stellar academic record.
- Lawyer qualification from the Cyprus Bar Association.
- 2-3 years post qualification litigation experience.
- Excellent technical legal language skills and verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and excellent computer literacy.
- Strong team orientation, ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage multiple deadlines in a busy and demanding work environment.
- Accurate, reliable, creative, well organised and proactive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, responsibility and professionalism.
Harris Kyriakides is a leading law firm with more than 30 lawyers and 5 offices throughout Cyprus, offering the full-range of corporate and commercial legal services in Cyprus. Our firm has a substantial transactional and corporate practice with extensive international reach and client base range. We are focused on optimal results and insist on the highest standards. Our organisational culture is to constantly challenge ourselves to maintain a high-performance environment in order to successfully respond to our clients’ diverge needs. Our clients range from multinational companies to local companies as well as public sector organisations.
In everything we do connected with our people, our clients and our community, we live by a number of core values. We are honest and value integrity. We maintain standards of excellence. We are supportive to our people, our clients and our community. We value diversity and act thoughfully. We are collaborative – we give, we share and we join in. We are bold – we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big. We try to be exceptional – we always strive to exceed standards and expectations.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Harris Kyriakides, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that a rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across the firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work and where each of our team has equal opportunities to develop and elevate in the firm’s ladder.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business we all benefit from working flexibly. Subject to internal regulations, associates benefit from work from home opportunities, half day Friday, flexible working hours and an agile working environment that suits each of us to organise efficiently their daily lives.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, an excellent working environment and an advancement/promotion path within the firm.
In the event that we make an offer to you and subject to applicable law, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your professional qualifications, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from any previous employers.
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference Lawyer 2023 or submit it online through our website www.harriskyriakides.law, section Careers/Vacancies, no later than February 24, 2023. Only applications that fulfill the above requested qualifications will be considered. All applications will be treated in confidence.