Patricia M. Martin is a US Attorney that had the opportunity to visit Cyprus and work with the University of Nicosia to implement the ONE WOMAN AT A TIME (OWAAT) project, an informative internet platform aimed to educate and empower abused women and women that are victims of violence. She also created and launched the first “Zero Tolerance of Abuse Against Women” National Campaign, and the international virtual blueprint for abused women to self-help.
In this LegalMatters podcast Mrs Martin discuss with Christoforos Christofi the following issues :
- Patricia’s ties with Cyprus,
- the right to “no contact” ,
- the need for a system where abused women can have easy and quick access to court protection,
- the OWAAT project,
- the mentality of the Cyprus legal system as regards women rights and prevention of the abuse of women,
- the Instabul Convention and why Patricia considers it as a “Bible” as regards women rights,
- the current situation in the US.