The UCLan University of Cyprus and the School of Law invites you to “Ethics Day”, on Thursday 21 November 2019.
12:00-13:00: The Meaning and Practical Implications of Ethics: A Socratic Dialogue
- The Hon. Judge Dr Akis Hadjihambis (Ret’d), Honorary Fellow, UCLan Cyprus & former President of the Supreme Court of Cyprus
- Professor Kim Economides, Visiting Professor of Law, University of Cyprus
- Dr Klearchos A. Kyriakides, Assistant Professor of Law, UCLan Cyprus
13:30-14:45 : Should Lawyers Swear? The Hippocratic Oath in Legal Context
- Keynote speaker: Professor Kim Economides
- Discussant: The Hon. Judge Dr Akis Hadjihambis (Ret’d)
- Chair: Dr Klearchos A. Kyriakides
Venue: Moot Court Room, Ground Floor, UCLan Cyprus, Pyla
Both of these inter-linked events are open to all members of staff and all students at UCLan Cyprus. All Law students are especially welcome to attend. The first event forms an integral part of the LLB LW1117 Classical Foundations of Modern Law Module.
If any members of the legal profession or other guests wish to attend, they are welcome to do so but they must pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to the professional background of each such guest, participation may contribute to their formal or informal Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Personal Development (PD) or other self-managed learning and development needs. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For details as to how to find UCLan Cyprus and an accompanying map, please visit www.uclancyprus.ac.cy/life/university-life/how-to-find-us/