The Department of Law, University of Cyprus is accepting applications for the position of one (1) special scientist for research on a part-time basis (75 hours/month) in the context of the start-up research fund of Dr Ioanna Hadjiyianni, Lecturer in European and Environmental Law at the Department of Law, on the topic ‘The Global Reach of EU Law: The Case of Ship Recycling’.
• Law Degree from a Recognised University (LLB)
• Excellent knowledge of the English Language (proven through previous research work in English or completion of degree in English-speaking university).
• Experience in conducting legal research in an academic or policy context on EU law and/or international law.
• Good computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent organisation skills and commitment to complete duties within specified deadlines, effective report-writing skills, very good research skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s Degree (preferably LLM)
• Doctorate in Law (PhD)
• Pre-existing knowledge and/or experience of international legal issues on flag state/port state jurisdiction, IMO Conventions, shipping.
• Research and report-writing experience on relevant issues.
The interested applicants should send the below required documentation electronically to Dr Ioanna Hadjiyianni at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 February 2020.
1. Cover Letter demonstrating your interest and competence for this position.
2. Full Curriculum Vitae (including contact details – email address and phone number).
3. Scanned copies of relevant degrees and detailed grading.
4. Names and contact details (email addresses) of two persons, at least one of which should be an academic, from whom a reference letter may be requested.
Interviews for this position will be held on Wednesday, 19 February (provisional date).
For further information on the specific position please get in touch with Dr Ioanna Hadjiyianni at email@example.com or at +357-22894596.