The Commission presents a package of guidelines and recommendations to help Member States gradually lift travel restrictions and allow tourism businesses to reopen, after months of lockdown, while respecting necessary health precautions.
The Commission’s Tourism and Transport package includes:
- An overall strategy towards recovery in 2020 and beyond;
- A common approach to restoring free movement and lifting restrictions at EU internal borders in a gradual and coordinated way;
- A framework to support the gradual re-establishment of transport whilst ensuring the safety of passengers and personnel;
- A recommendation which aims to make travel vouchers an attractive alternative to cash reimbursement for consumers;
- Criteria for restoring tourism activities safely and gradually and for developing health protocols for hospitality establishments such as hotels.
Read also :
- Questions & Answers on Tourism and Travel Package
- Questions & Answers on Tracing Apps
- The EU helps reboot Europe’s Tourism
- Travel and tourism in Europe: A practical guidance
- Communication: Guidelines on transport and connectivity
- Communication: Guidelines on tourism services and hospitality establishments
- Recommendation on vouchers