The University of Nicosia, School of Law and the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London with the support of the Royal Commonwealth Society Cyprus Branch, invite abstract submissions for a conference on: CYPRUS AND THE COMMONWEALTH 1961-2020 at University of Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus, October 8-9, 2020.
You can send papers that explore a variety of aspects of this relationship and its broader implications. These may include, inter alia:
- Debates around Cyprus joining the Commonwealth and the process of accession
- Cypriot diplomacy and the Commonwealth
- Trade and defence in a Commonwealth context
- Cyprus and the interests of small states
- The Commonwealth and the Mediterranean
- Cypriot diasporas in the Commonwealth
- Common law and common values
- The Commonwealth and the European Union
Deadline for Abstracts Submission: May 20, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholars whose abstract has been accepted will be notified no later than June 10, 2020.
Selected papers from the conference will be published in an edited volume and/or special issue of The Cyprus Review.